The Winners Also Receive:
Children's Writing Contest
1. This contest is open to all 5th Grade Students currently enrolled in any Virginia Elementary School (or home schooled).
2. Contest begins Monday, November 13, 2017 and ends Wednesday, January 16, 2018.
3. Writing entries should be limited to two pages plus cover sheet.
4. Each entry must be prepared by the student.
5. The entry must be neatly handwritten on standard ruled note paper.
6. Include the title of your entry on both the first page of the essay and on the cover sheet.
7. How to Enter: Write a story pertaining to the topic.
First Prize: $250
Second Prize: $150
Third Prize: $75
Black History Month Association
Note: Mail entries to: The Virginia Black History Month Children’s Writing Contest, PO Box 41924 Fredericksburg, Virginia 22404. All entries must be received by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.